Tuesday, February 28, 2012

No Sugar Please!

I don't know about most people but I am a sugar freak!!!! Yes I am addicted to sweets and often find myself thinking more about the desert rather than the main when it comes to eating dinner!!! So I decided to do a little experiment to help my sugar addiction!!!!! I went off sugar for 2 months!!!! Yes you heard that correct I decided to not have anything to eat or drink that had added sugar for two months!!! No more sweets no more chocolate no more life, or that's what it felt like at the beginning of those 2 months. I made a massive effort to not have anything in the house that would make me trip up and I managed to survive!!!

So the benefits of not having sugar are bloated tummy went down!!! And I managed to loose some weight. Overall I have more energy and feel ten times better that I no longer have the sugar high and then the sugar low. I have tasted chocolate since my ban however I have found it to taste far too sweet and makes me very thirsty! So would I do it again, well I think that I can easily do it again as the results I have felt and seen make me feel way better, however I may have some sweet things every now and again just not every second day that was slipping into my life!

So I offer a challenge to you reading this can you give it a go? Have you got what it takes to beat the sugar hit? Leave me a comment and let me know if your going to take the challenge and how you get on. Just a little thought for you 1 teaspoon of sugar equals 20 calories, so add up how many teaspoons of sugar you eat per day in empty food and then work out how many empty calories you are getting, as sugar will not keep your body full and going.


4 comments:

  1. Yikes!! Sugar does sound bad for you!!! Well done- 2 months is a fantastic effort. Not many people could do that too!!! I'm impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the end of December I went on a bit of a self-imposed detox of no sugar, no dairy, no meat, no grains, no eggs (basically just fruit, vegetables, chickpeas, and lentils), and it was AWESOME. The first few days, I felt starving, but towards the end of the first week, I was feeling so alert and energetic. I still haven't eaten meat since then (I have had some seafood here any there, once every fortnight or so), which I love, but I definitely want to go off sugar again. I LOVE sweets, but I really did notice huge differences. In the two week experiment, I lost slightly under 5 kilos, 3 of those being in the first week. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ange you are so incredible, I would like to try going off sugar but I just don't know if I could do it! Did you basically just eat meat, vegetables and fruit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anna
      Yes pretty much lived on fruit for breakfast fruit for lunch and meat, vegies or salad for dinner! I made heaps of smoothies without milk and added some protein powders to help.

      Delete