Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Journey on the weight loss trail

Ok so I thought I would share with you my journey of weight loss and how food and living has helped change me!


I was 110kg and had never felt so miserable in all my life as I was unable to keep up with my little man who had just turned 1. I would look in the mirror and feel terrible at what I saw looking back so I decided to make a change in the way I was living!

I started to change the foods I ate and also the size of portions, so instead of reaching for the whole packet of chips I would eat a row of rice crackers and drink water. I didn't cut all the things I loved out I just cut down and really focused on the portions. I walked everywhere and would spend time doing aerobic DVD's at home as I didn't want anyone to see me.

I finally got to my goal weight after 10 months and as a reward I joined my local gym, where I loved to do classes and use the equipment. After being so familiar with the staff I was approached to start training to become an instructor and for just over a year I have been encouraging our members to either loose weight, get fitter or just to have some fun!

My main tips are set small goals, don't look always at the big goal but look to the smaller ones. Every time I lost 5kg I would buy something for myself, nothing big but something nice as a reward.
Don't stop eating certain foods just portion size them or have them only as treats every now and again as you will crave and then give into the crave in a BIG way!

If you have never exercised start slow, go for a walk and gradually build up. If you use an excuse you don't have time break it down instead of doing a 30 minute walk do 3 10 minute ones during the day.
Have a partner to help you, surround yourself with LOTS of positive people that will help you, sometimes people can bring your good efforts down and make you doubt yourself. Sometimes writing your goals down is a good way to remember what you want to achieve.

So here is the before!!!!!!!!

This is a rare photo I had I actually looked like this for a number of years but just didn't want my photos taken!

And this is the after!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing Ange. Such an inspiration. I TOTALLY agree with not cutting out food you like all together.
    If I do that I feel like I'm on a diet and I HATE it and just binge on it eventually. Now I just treat myself on the weekends or just have a row of chocolate instead of a whole block :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...you sure did make a huge change... well done.. you are an inspiration Angela...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Angela, I don't even recognise you in the top photo - very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking great Angela! your definitely inspiring!

    ReplyDelete