Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Too hot to work out!

Sometimes when the weather picks up we may find ourselves making excuses as to why we should not excercise!!!! Here are a few tips to help get you out and getting fit.


  • Try to exercise at the coolest part of the day, so if you can get up a little early and get moving!
  • If you are not a morning person then wait until a little later in the evening and start then, I some times find it a little hard first thing in the morning to get out but getting the kids sorted and ready and giving them dinner then going is a great option as no sun and usually a little milder weather makes exercise a little more enjoyable. I will usually prepare a salad and then eat when I have finished, but if I am hungry prior I will eat a banana.
  • I find I try not to exercise at the hottest part of the day as it makes me feel a little light headed, and this is due to overheating and the body not being able to cope with it all.
  • Drink plenty of water, and when I say plenty I mean plenty! Prior to during and then loads after. Because you will be sweating more you need to replace what you use. I would even suggest to get something that has electrolytes in it as it is able to also replace not just the fluids but also all the other good stuff your sweating out.
  • Types of workouts depends on you and what you want, however walking is one of the best things to do and also free and easy. 
The key is to set yourself goals and stick to it so try to avoid using excuses, including the one of the weather is too hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment