Saturday, August 4, 2012

Cashew Protein Cookies

So of late I have really been branching out with ideas of cooking and today I knocked up some little cashew gems! I had seen a post on a site where they made them but I wanted to play around with the recipe to suit our taste buds.

Ingredients

200g cashews
2 tablespoons rice bran oil
60g vanilla protein powder (I used my hydroxyburn pro clinical)
1 tablespoon almond mill
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 tablespoons light coconut milk
20g milk choc chips (or to keep it healthy you can use cacao nibs)
2 teaspoons stevia or I used Hermesetas granulated sweetner

How to Make

Pre heat oven to 180 degrees or 170 if using a fan forced. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
In a small bowl mix the protein powder, almond mill and the stevia (or sweetener). I
Place cashews in a food processor and grind, then add the oil and grind again so it comes together like a cashew butter. Place the cashew mix in a bowl and add the egg, vanilla and coconut milk and stir together. Add in the dry ingredients and mix well. Next add the choc chips or cacao nibs and mix well. I used a teaspoon and made 24 balls that I placed on the trays and flattened slightly by pressing with the back of a fork. Bake for approx 12 minutes or until slightly browned.
Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly on trays then place onto a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.

Nutrition if you make 24 biscuits is per biscuit- Calories 88, Protein 5.5g, Carbs, 4.5g, Fat 6g,

The finished result!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment