Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Quote

So I heard a great quote a few weeks ago and I think that it something that can help when you come to think of food, the quote is:

"FOOD IS FUEL"

When I heard this quote I thought how clever it was as sometimes we eat, myself included, just because the food tastes great and we want to entertain our taste buds and we then may choose the foods that are not the best option for our bodies. We need to view our bodies like a car that need fuel to run on and the fuel is the food. Once we can change this mind set it can become easier to eat food and view food in a different light. Now I am not saying not to have a treat every once in a while BUT keep it to only once in a while and this way we can keep our bodies healthy and running on the right things not the junk things!

So next time you plan to smoother your bread in a stack of butter or your tempted to eat something deep fried or full of sugar stop and ask yourself the question how if at all can this food be fuel for my body!

No comments:

Post a Comment