Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The benefits of Protein and a recipe!

I have a few sites that I like to check out and one in particular is the Body Science site!

They have a variety of information including, if you click here you can read about women and protein and the benefits of it in your diet. I must say that my diet consists of at least one protein shake in a day if not sometimes 2! As the article suggests if you are finding yourself feeling hungry mid morning you may benefit from having a little more protein for your breakfast. I sometimes have mixed a little milk and protein powder and put it on my brekkie. But the best breakfast I enjoy on most mornings is:

1 cup skim or low fat milk
1/2 cup ice
1 banana or 2 teaspoons Caro
1 scoop of protein powder (chocolate hydroxyburn, or vanilla physic sometimes I put a little of each)
Blend in an ice crushing blender and enjoy!

I find that when I have this shake I can get through a fair bit of my day. Occasionally I may get hunger pangs around 11, especially if I am working a double shift, but a banana or apple can help get me through till 1 when I have lunch.

2 comments:

  1. That is very interesting about women & protein. Thanks for sharing the Body Science site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar protein shake either for breakfast or lunch and it keeps me full for ages too.

    ReplyDelete