Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Quote to keep your mind on the game!

Ok so Ryan was asking me the other day about a quote that we heard to keep us motivated, it was on a Billy Blanks Tae Bo DVD just one of the many I loved to work out to before I started the gym. His quote is:

"I am where I am today cause my mind put me there, where I am tomorrow is where my mind will put me"

The key thing to keeping healthy and fit is to have a dream to make a goal and write it down so you know where your going. Keep the dream and goal in your mind so you always remember why your doing what your doing. I find that sometimes there are things that I don't want to do but I remember the bigger picture and talk myself (in my head not out loud or people will think I am crazy) through it. The best thing about this quote is is it relates to all the things we do, not just our health and lifestyle so if things are not going as you want them to go it may be that your mind needs to change the direction! I know that for me if I had kept in my mind to sit on my bum and not get up and do exercise I would not be where I am today and would be still at 110kg and feeling crap and horrible about myself with no self esteem and feeling useless about myself. The scary thing is having kids that I couldn't keep up with and the worry that because I was overweight I may not live as long as I could so who would be around for them! The mind is a powerful weapon in changing ourselves for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment