Thursday, January 6, 2011

Easy Chicken burgers Serves 2

Ok so I have been trying to some up with a healthy make at home alternative to a chicken burger from Burger Got Soul and I think that I have!

1 chicken breast, sliced in half so it is a little flatter
chicken salt
salt and pepper
2 eggs
onion
2 rolls (wholemeal is the best option as it is low gi)
iceberg lettuce leaves
tomato
slice of pineapple (fresh is best) or a tin if you don't have fresh
1 tsp Aioli

Cut the chicken breast in half to flatten it out apply a good seasoning of the chicken salt, salt and pepper on both sides then cook it in a fry pan with a good spray of olive oil. Cook one side completely before turning and cooking the second side.
Remove the chicken from the pan and leave it to rest. Add another spray to the pan and add the round sliced onions and cook. Then  crack an egg and cook to your liking, I always use a non stick fry pan as I don't have to add much oil to cook and it never sticks!
To assemble the burger spread the Aioli onto the top and bottom of the roll, then on the bottom add the lettuce leaves, followed by the chicken breast, pineapple, egg, tomato, and onions.

Sometimes I may add a piece of healthy bacon and a slice of cheese. This is a great dinner that the kids will love and it is guaranteed to keep your tummy from rumbling! I usually only have the burger as a main meal as I am stuffed by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment