Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Steps to stay on Track Step 1

Ok so people have asked me a number of times how I managed to lose 40kg in weight, let me tell you it was a challenge BUT I did a number of small things to get to the goal and to stay motivated one of the first things I did was instead of looking at the BIG PICTURE of how much you may want or need to loose break the number down. So for me even though I needed to lose 40kg I set myself 5 kg goals and when I got to the 5kg goal I did something small for myself. Sometimes it was a new clothing item, or a beauty product, or a new DVD to exercise to. When I got to the 10kg loss I did something a little bigger like go and pay for a hair colour (even though I am a hairdresser and I could do my own, it was nice to just be spoilt), other suggestions may be a night out dancing, a night away, or maybe you can make some other suggestions! I then set myself a reward for getting to my main goal of 40kg and that was to go on a girls trip to Melbourne with my mum and sister. So really I set up a short term goal, middle range goal and a long term goal. By doing this it helped that big number of 40 really a little easier and not seem so daunting!

If your a visual person like me another idea that can help you is when you reach say a 5kg loss go and weigh something equal to it. So for ever 5, 10 15kg etc you can actually physically feel and see what you have lost. I kept a paper clip chain and when I lost 1 kg I would take a clip off and it was good to see it wither down.

This is what I use to look like!!!!!! Having these photos around, even tho I want to cringe at the sight of myself it is sometimes just enough to not want to go back! So when you get to your goal don't throw the old you completely out keep some of it be it photos a piece of clothing as a reminder of how far you have come!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Ange - I forget how far you've come!!! What an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooooooooowwwww.

    I don't even know what to say!

    ReplyDelete